The ICEPOD 6.5 features new and improved Intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge quad-core processing and high-speed capture capabilities for mobile users. It is an entirely solid-state device with no internal moving parts. All heat is transferred via conduction to the external surface of the housing. The housing is made from aircraft-grade aluminum. The ICEPOD 6.5 is a completely self-contained unit that includes an embedded computer with 16GBytes of system RAM, a 2TB solid-state data-array, and complete ICE-PIC6 functionality, with the ability to host dual input/output modules and dual processor modules.
Physical and Power Features
- Dimensions: 12.3” x 5.9” x 2.0”
- Low power: runs on 12-volt DC power with a typical power consumption of 50 watts. With all CPU cores active, both processor modules active, and maximum I/O to internal storage, the peak power consumption is 80-85 watts.
- Silent operation (when implemented without the Cooling Enclosure, with a heat-conducting surface)
- Cover plate for protection when in transit, secured with four heavy-duty thumb screws
Capabilities with Recommended Configurations
Many configurations are available depending on the user's test and signaling requirements:
- When configured with dual L-band modules, the unit can monitor/capture two frequency bands simultaneously in the 900MHz - 2200MHz range.
- NEW Dual 80MHz NyQuist bandwidth captures (Dual 160 Megasamples/sec 14 bit) to 2TB of solid-state storage is available using dual ICE-A2D-M14 modules. The ICE-A2D-M14 is capable of 250 Megasamples/sec.
- When configured with an analog-to-digital module (ICE-A2D-M14) and a digital-to-analog module (ICE-D2AWG-r2) complex input data can be recorded from baseband or candidate IF inputs (455KHz, 10.7 MHz, 21.4 MHz, 70MHz, 160MHz) and then played back out at baseband or selectable IF outputs from 0 to 500 MHz.
- When configured with the ICE-SONET-r6 optical interface, the ICEPOD 6.5 can record and playback DUAL OC48 (2 x 311.04 MBytes/sec). 30 Second snapshots (capture and playback) of OC192 (1.244 GBytes/sec) are also available.
- Record or playback rates of up to 640 MBytes/sec are available depending on configuration and module choices.
- Custom configurations are always welcome. If you need a specific speed please call.
Thermal images when operating without the Cooling Enclosure:
Download the latest version of the ICEPOD 6.5 User Manual:
The Cooling Enclosure for the ICEPOD 6.5 serves a number of helpful purposes:
- Stabilizes the compact system while sitting on a flat surface
- Cools the ICEPOD by directing air blown by fans over its surface
- Daisy-chains DC power to the ICEPOD via barrel-connecting power cables
- Allows users to place two ICEPODs side-by-side on a 19 inch 2U shelf
- Dimensions: 14.2" x 6.2" x 3.25" (3.4" including feet)
Very Important Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should anyone attempt to reflash an ICEPOD—this may result in rendering the unit unusable and unrecoverable!! They are configured to work correctly prior to shipping and do not require end-user modification.
Status and Configurations
|ICEPOD6.5-M4||16GB||512GB solid state|
|ICEPOD6.5-M6||16GB||2TB solid state|
Optional Extended Shroud
ICE offers this extended shroud as an option, at an additional charge, for the ICEPOD 6.5. The modified interface panel provides easy bulkhead access for all necessary connections, including two (2) USB ports, Gigabit Ethernet via standard RJ45, power via barrel connector, and finally, AUX and both I/O channels with their respective 10 MHz reference and PPS ports, all via SMA connectors. (Click on the photos below to enlarge).
- © Intel Corporation