The module is equipped with an onboard sample clock synthesizer, which can be configured to a user-desired sample rate. The onboard clock synthesizer uses a 10MHz reference from either an external source (J2) or via an onboard oscillator (TCXO).
The A2D-M18 module incorporates a variable gain input stage. The variable gain stage allows independent channel gain settings from -40dB to +20dB in 1dB steps and is user software controlled. Additionally, the variable gain stage can be used to mute or completely disable analog input to the A/D.
The use of external 10 MHz and 1 PPS reference signals allows for precision time stamping of digitized data with better than 2.5 nanosecond accuracy, independent of sample rate.
- 12-bit resolution
- Dual-channel 1600 Megasamples/sec
- AC-coupled input
- Analog input nominal -20 dBm
- SFDR at max sample rate is > 65 dB
- 3dB sample and hold bandwidth 5 MHz – 2.7 GHz
- 12dB sample and hold bandwidth 1.2 MHz – 4.0 GHz
- External 1PPS input for precision time stamping of data
- Dual-site I/O module used with ICE-PIC series cards and ICEPOD subsystems
- Multichannel, multimode receivers
- Base station infrastructure
- Wideband microwave backhaul
- 3G/4G base stations CDMA, GSM, WCDMA
- Single-channel digital receivers
- Antenna array processing
- Communications instrumentation
- Radar, infrared imaging
- Instrumentation, test, and measurement
- Very wideband block down conversion (pre-select filters optional)
|Analog Input||0 dBm||+5 dBm|
|Analog 3dB Passband||5.0 MHz||2.7 GHz|
|Analog 12dB Passband||1.2 MHz||4.0 GHz|
|External Ref1 (AC-coupled)||0.5 Vp-p||1.0 Vp-p||2.0 Vp-p|
|Analog Input Impedance||50 Ohms|
|Sample Clock||150 MHz2||1600 MHz|
- Operation using external reference of 10MHz replaces the external clock input. Sample clock is then generated from the 10MHz reference.
- Sample rates below 150 MSPS require decimation flag in module configuration.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
|PPS Input||0 to 6 Vpeak into 50 Ohm|
|External Clock Input||0 to 6 Vpeak into 50 Ohm|
|Analog Input Power||0 dBm (50 Ohm ref)|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to +65 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-40 to +85 °C|
WARNING: Operation of this module beyond any of these parameters may cause permanent damage. Exposure to absolute maximum ratings for extended periods may affect module reliability. Operation of the module beyond these specified parameters voids the factory warranty.
Single Tone Performance of ICE-A2D-M18
- Sample Rate (MHz): 1.6 GSPS
- Bits/Sample: 12
- Typical SFDR: >65 dB
- ENOB: ~9
|PPS||Cinch||131-3701-801||Edge Mount SMB Connector||J4|
|Power Connection||Standard 2-Pin Header||J8|
|Standoff (2 each)||Physical Connection|
|Data||Samtec||QSE-020-01-F-D-A||40-Pin Connector||J5, J6|
ICE Interface Cables
|ICE-CAB-SMA (for J1, J2)||5 ft. BNC to SMA cable|
|ICE-CAB-SB5 (for J3, J4)||5 ft. BNC to SMB cable|
Note: For SMA mating cables we recommend SMA cables with proper frequency response to at least 5 GHz for operation at full “sample and hold” bandwidth.