- SDDS header / timecode processing supported on PIC4T, MBT4, and PIC5.
- Transport can be digital (E2D,LV2D) or GiGE (UDP-850nm, UDP-1300nm, or UDP-Copper).
- Initial testing using white noise test file from SDDS hardware, played back via NeXtMidas.
- Field tests with Fiber modules on Lampwool using ICE314 and optical splitter in 2003.
- ITT Ashburn successfully completed experiment in Denver (again with splitter).
- Currently have ~50 fiber modules in the field.
- Completed Copper GiGE module based on same protocol chipset for compatibility.
- Delivering 32 Copper UDP modules to RRC for project using Packet Switcher based on Cisco router.
SDDS Packet Software
- Lampwool and TIVO functions implemented in the SNAPPER macro.
- Added JOIN and LEAVE of up to 4 simultaneous channels per module in ICE316.
- ICE Archiver attaches directly to Sourcepic to efficiently copy streams to disk.
- Archiver creates Table of Contents file with start/stop/channel information for each cut.
- Headers optionally placed in separate files for performance.
- Cuts can be protected or overwritten using oldest cut algorithm.
- Clients download and examine the TOC to determine the cuts of interest.
- Supports HTTP, TCP, UDP, or MFTP Protocols for exporting SDDS packets to processing engines.
- No more dual channel master/slave on same sample, must use timecode for alignment in downstream processing.
- Write macro to turn SDN data into SDDS channel. Components already exist.
- Finish channelizer on MBT4, multicasting 256+ FDM channels into SDDS switch.